Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer = Family Reunion

This is probably true for many of you.   Summer provides the opportunity for families large and small to gather together to celebrate being together!  For some a family reunion is an hour at the local park. Or getting together for a 4th of July barbaque and street side fireworks.  Still others gather as many together for as long possible.

Lately I have noticed that family reunions have become more fashionable.  Which if you are a more recent convert to the sport of family gathering, don't be worried, jump on the old band wagon and hang on.  This is one trend I hope never falls out of style.

But my family has been having a family reunion for 50 + years now.  No, I'm not trying to brag.  I just excited about it. Really!  We get together for a weekend of camping, hikes, water fun, stories, skits, food, little sleep, cousins, Really old Uncles, really young 3rd cousins and just fun.

Anyway, this year my parents are in charge of this 3 day event of fun.  It's next week.  And I'm excited.!!!
Water Fight - here we come!


Another type of reunion happened just this week for my family.
My sister Amy Loveless returned home safely after being gone for 18 months on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  She served in the Conception South Mission.  She loved it.  She loves the people.  We love her.  Welcome home Amy-lu.

                        
                                   
oh...did I mention Ashby is sooo excited your home!

No comments: