Friday, August 22, 2008

Frigid Bathing!

After being on the road for 2 full days Ryan had enough with feeling grimy. Our campsite was without shower facilities but was right along a river.



Ryan decided to attempt a "bath". Jared shortly joined him.
It was cold enough to keep them to just wading for quite a while.



Dad waded in a joined them to give his tiredlegs some relief. This picture shows the extent to which Ryan and Jared got wet. Ryan to just about belly button, but Jared fully dunked himself just for a moment. They said it was pretty cold, but there was stil a little bit of sun to help warm them post "bath"



The morning of the 19th, I woke up needing to feel clean. So I put on my "bathing" suit and after encouraging my sisters to join me, went and got in. Amy and Michelle joined me, but only I got in past my waist. In fact I stayed in chest deep for around 5 minutes! It was so cold that I found it hard to breath. And 3 hours later I was still feeling cold. Silly? Yes. An experience? Yes.

No comments: